Picture this: It’s strawberry season. The Farmer’s Market is full of beautiful, delicious berries. And like the rest of us, you overindulged by buying multiple containers of this seasonal fruit. Now they’re going bad; what’s a person to do?
Well, when life gives you strawberries, you make a Strawberry Mojito. She’s juicy. She’s sweet. She’s bubbly. And she’s super simple to make.
This recipe serves one; if you’re in the mood to make a batch, increase the amounts below accordingly and muddle, mix, and pour from a pitcher.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Highball glass
- 1 ounce (30ml) simple syrup, or to taste
- 2-4 fresh strawberries
- 2-4 fresh mint sprigs, lightly chopped or whole
- 1 ounce (30ml) fresh lime juice. Emphasis on the fresh!
- 2 ounces (60ml) rum. Light or dark, your choice. We used light.
- 3-4 ounces (90-120ml) soda water
- 2 Pure & Clear™ shards, smashed or whole
And here’s what you’ll do:
- First, combine the simple syrup, strawberries, mint sprigs, and lime juice in a highball glass. Muddle these ingredients together until it suits your fancy. Like your mojito on the chunkier side? Muddle slightly. Hate chunks and prefer a jam-like consistency? Muddle the heck out of these ingredients. You do you.
- Next, add in the rum and stir well to combine.
- Then, add your Pure & Clear™ shards. We might be biased, but we think this step really makes the drink. Finally, top off the glass with soda water. Add a sprig of mint and a slice of strawberry for garnish and you’re set.
We’re excited to say that this tasty cocktail will be one of many to come! Stay tuned for more recipes and other delicious ways to use our Pure & Clear™ ice.