If you’re a tequila fan, or a citrus fan, or a margarita fan, we know you’re going to love this recipe. This tequila-based cocktail is perfect for sitting by the pool or lake, a relaxed afternoon in your yard, or served with a heaping pile of salty chips and salsa; best of all, it’s ridiculously easy to make.
This would be a super simple recipe to batch-make for a party. If you’re serving for multiple people, or you’re feeling extremely thirsty, increase the amounts accordingly and stir together in a pitcher to serve.
You’ll see in the ingredients list that we offer suggestions for grapefruit flavored soda or grapefruit juice. A classica paloma uses grapefruit soda, but we loved the grapefruit juice option instead!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Collins glass, highball glass, or margarita glass - the choice is yours!
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Grapefruit soda or grapefruit juice, chilled
- Pure & Clear™ shards, smashed or whole
- Limes, sliced
- Salt rim
And here’s what you’ll do:
- Step one: grab the glass you’d like to use. Then, take a lime wedge and get the rim of your glass nice and juicy. If your taste preferences lean salty, we highly recommend this step.
- Next, add some salt to a small plate or bowl. Roll the juicy portion of your glass into the salt, coating the rim. Go as salty and wild as you’d like!
- Once your glass is ready to go, add your Pure & Clear™ shards to the glass. We recommend two or three, but the quantity really depends on how large your glass is.
- After that, add the blanco tequila and freshly squeezed lime juice to your glass. When we say freshly squeezed, we mean freshly squeezed. No store bought junk!
- Next, fill the rest of the glass with the grapefruit soda or grapefruit juice.
- Finally, give it a quick stir and add a lime wheel or wedge to the rim. Enjoy!