They’re zippy. They’re refreshing. They’re sour. And apparently, they’re divisive. Introducing: the Bloody Mary.
Known best for its hangover curing properties and tendency to have elaborate garnishes, Bloody Marys are universally loved by some and disliked by others. Could it be because tomato juice is an acquired taste? That’s our theory. Join us today, though, on an exploration to focus on the other ingredients that make this cocktail delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Highball glass
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
- Citrus juicer
- Lemon wedge - we used ¼ of a large lemon
- Lime wedge - we used ½ lime
- 4 oz tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce of choice, we love Cry Baby Craigs
- Celery salt
- Ground pepper
- ¼ tsp prepared horseradish
- 2 oz vodka
- 4-5 Pure & Clear™ Shards
- Alllll the garnishes. We’re talking cooked bacon, celery sticks, olives, cucumber slices, shrimp, or nearly anything that goes with savory & salty
And here’s what you’ll do:
- First, squeeze one lemon wedge and one lime wedge into your shaker. Fresh squeezed always.
- Next, add the 4 ounces of tomato juice, two or three dashes of worcestershire sauce, a few dashes of hot sauce, a generous pinch of celery salt and ground pepper, ¼ tsp of prepared horseradish, and 2 ounces of vodka. It’s everything in this lineup after the tomato juice that makes or breaks this drink!
- Once all the cocktail ingredients have been combined in the shaker, add in two or three Pure & Clear™ Shards.
- Secure the shaker top and shake until well combined and chilled.
- Next, add two Pure & Clear™ Shards to your highball glass.
- Using the strainer for your shaker, pour the mixture into your glass.
- Last but not least, it’s garnish time. Add whatever sounds delish and enjoy!