The Classic Margarita with Pure & Clear™ cocktail ice
Three of our favorite words: it’s margarita time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Margarita glass
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce orange liqueur
- ½ ounce light agave syrup
- Pure & Clear™ shards, smashed or whole
- Limes, sliced
And here’s what you’ll do:
- First, grab the biggest margarita glass you have. Don’t have a margarita glass? A lowball glass works well instead. Honestly, any glass works. The glass is just the margarita transporter.
- Next, grab your shaker. To the shaker, add the blanco tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, orange liqueur, and light agave syrup. In general, making your own cocktails means you get to put your own spin on things. Add a little this, substitute that. But if we could say one thing not to do - do not substitute the freshly squeezed lime juice for store bought lime juice or lime juice from concentrate. Throw that stuff away and buy some limes!!
- Now, getting back to the cocktail. Once your liquids have been added, fill the shaker with Pure & Clear™ shards. Put the top on and shake shake shake.
- Next, grab a small plate and sprinkle some Tajin on it. Then, grab the glass you’re using. Take a slice of lime and rim the edge of your glass with lime juice. After that, roll the limey portion of the rim in Tajin. You could also swap out the Tajin for salt, sugar, or skip this step altogether.
- Now it’s one of our favorite parts: ice time. If you’re using a margarita glass, we recommend our Pure & Clear™ shards, whole or smashed. If you’re using a lowball glass, we recommend The Shard, The Rock, or The Sphere.
- Finally, pour the mixed contents from the shaker over the ice in your glass. Garnish with a lime wheel or wedge and enjoy!